Are you tired of clicking a link to open this blog? I’m tired of reading your blog. Fair enough, but if you’re tired of opening my blog you can add it as a web app to Google’s Chrome browser (PC or Mac) and pin it to your tab bar so every time you open your browser there I am. Good God man! I know, it’s great isn’t it? Um, no.
Well if you want in on the awesome web app goodness, here’s a quick how-to guide to get my blog pinned to your Chrome browser:
- Download the TiTy Chrome Web App zip file and extract the folder. Don’t worry. There aren’t any viruses. It’s a folder with a json file and a PNG.
- Open Chrome and click the wrench icon.
- Click Tools and select Extensions.
- On the right side of the page click the + next to Developer mode.
- Click Load unpacked extension button.
- Browse to the TiTy folder and click OK.
- When you open a new tab page you’ll see my site as an app. To pin it, click the wrench to the top right of my app’s image.
- Select Open as pinned tab.
Now when you open up Chrome you’ll see my favicon on a pinned tab in your browser. Awesome!
Special thanks to shamanstears’ tech-recipe.com article for explaining how to get it done. If you want to create a Chrome web app your own website or if you want to create one for some other site click the article link and follow the super easy instructions.
Pretty cool eh? Share your thoughts on how to make a Chrome Web App below or send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.