I love Windows Live Mesh. I braved the Live Mesh to Live Sync to Live Mesh transition on the PC. I braved the Mac betas. And I outlasted my most recent headache with Live Mesh for Mac not syncing after uninstalling and reinstalling the program.
Now, you might think that I could’ve gone straight to the forums to find a resolution. You would be wrong. I Googled “Live Mesh for Mac not working” and ended up here which took me here and then here which eventually led me back to here. Seriously, what a pain in the ace. Well, I finally pieced together the solution from all the sites I visited and my files are once again up to date. When you’re ready let’s begin.
1. Shut down Windows Live Mesh (i.e. both in the dock and the menu bar).
2. Fire up Terminal (Applications –> Utilities –> Terminal) This is the step Microsoft failed to mention was most important.
3. Mac OS X Lion hides the ~/Library/Application Support/ folder by default so type:
- chflags nohidden ~/Library
4. Delete the “~/Library/Application Support/Live Id” folder by typing:
- cd ~/library/”Application Support”
- rm -rf “Live ID”
5. Delete the “~/Library/Application Support/WLMesh” folder by typing.
- rm -rf “WLMesh”
This is what your Terminal window should look like
6. Open the Keychain app (Applications –> Utilities –>Keychain Access).
7. Search for and delete the following from Keychain Access files:
- Any certificates that have a name like “0018………….%00″
- Any that begin with “Live Id Private Key”
- Any that begin with “Live Id Public Key”
- Any named “Token Signing Public Key”
8. Move the Windows Live Mesh application from the Applications folder to the trash bin.
9. Visit https://devices.live.com and make sure your device has been removed.
10. Download the latest release of Windows Live Mesh for Mac and reinstall it.
Trust me. This will fix any sync issues you run in with the Mac. And why wouldn’t it? You’re deleting all traces of the application and installing it as if it were the first time.
If you try this solution let me know how it worked out for you. Leave your comment below or send me an e-mail at email@example.com and I’ll get back to you ASAP.